Everyone wishes to live a healthy and disease-free life these days and fortunately, this can be achieved by adding nutritious vegetables in your diet.
Here is the list of 10 healthiest vegetables that are loaded wit healthy nutrients and tons of medicinal benefits:
- The green and nutritious vegetables are a staple of every good southern diet and they can be incorporated into different recipes including salads, soups, and vegetable side dish.
- Researchers conclude the fact that collar greens contain cancer-fighting compounds like sulforaphane, selenium, and diindolylmethane.
- Moreover, these vegetables are a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, and beta-carotene.
- Regular intake of collard greens improves your bone health, eyesight and boosts your immune system functioning.
- This is another healthiest vegetable that is best known for its nutritious qualities.
- The allium veggies including onions and garlic are widely known for their natural antioxidant benefits and they can help in treating inflammation, infectious diseases and boost immune system functioning.
- The flavonoid and antioxidant quercetin present in onions can protect your body from free radical damage.
- Onions also are great for reducing inflammation, as they also possess anti-tumor qualities.
- People love to include the colorful bell pepper in their food recipes including salads, pasta, pizza topping and lots more.
- Other than enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your food, these vegetables can also add a perfect flavor to the food.
- Bell Peppers are loaded with Vitamin C, A and B6 that reduces the risk of heart-related illnesses and stroke.
- Moreover, these vegetables contain an abundant amount of antioxidants, which make them another vegetable that fights off the aging effects of free radicals.
- The colorful bell peppers are sure to brighten up your dish and some of the best varieties to choose are yellow, green, red, orange, and purple ones.
- This vegetable helps you battle against damaging effects of free radical and they nearly double your daily recommended amount of beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- The effective nutrients present in sweet potato promotes your overall well-being and the anti-oxidants help you protect from infectious germs.
- The nutritious traditional food can be served in numerous different forms to match any given occasion.
- Due to the abundant amount of calcium, iron, fiber, and protein they can keep you healthy.
- Even pregnant women are advised to intake sweet potatoes during their delicate phase of pregnancy, as it aids in healthy growth and development of the fetus.
- The vegetables contain a high percentage of vitamins C and A and healthy compounds like sulforaphane. This particular anti-microbial compound that also stimulates your cells to create cancer-fighting enzymes.
- You can enjoy the nutritious vegetable in raw, steamed, boiled, baked, or sautéed form.
- The head of Broccoli has high levels of dietary fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
- It can help boost the immune system and protect you from common cold and flu.
- You should try eating 2-3 cups of broccoli a week to receive all its health benefits.
- Carrots are a fun and versatile vegetable that can be used in anything from a pot roast to a party snack tray.
- This vegetable contains a high percentage of fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin K.
- Of course, though, Carrots are best known for helping out eyesight.
- Deficiency of vitamin A can lead to bad vision, but fortunately, it can be repaired by introducing carrots in your diet.
- Eggplants are not only good for you; they’re extremely low in calories, making them a great diet food.
- They’re a great source of fiber, copper, Vitamin B1, and potassium.
- The outer skin of the eggplant also contains plenty of antioxidants. Medical studies reveal that it can help reduce risks of heart-related medical problems.
- While spinach is mostly popular because of its amazingly high iron content, but it also has plenty of magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- The nutrient-dense vegetable boosts your immune system function naturally.
- Obese people willing to lose extra pounds should prefer including celery in their food menu.
- While it is true, the calorie content of celery is incredibly low; it’s actually quite surprised at just how nutritious this bright green vegetable really is!
- It is loaded with high amounts of potassium, calcium, vitamins C and A, and magnesium.
- Asparagus is one of the few vegetables loaded with vitamin E, making it great for skin health.
- It also contains a high percentage of potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber that is great for your health.
- Another really cool thing about asparagus is two antioxidants it has called glutathione and rutin. Both these compounds possess cancer-fighting qualities.
- Asparagus has also been associated with reducing weight, inflammation, and depression.
Things to keep in mind while buying vegetables:
Adding healthy vegetables to your daily diet can promote your overall well-being and help you lead an active life. Here are few tips to keep in mind:
- Buy vegetables in accordance to their seasons, as it may cost less and taste better.
- Try buying fresh vegetables from your local market, rather than going for the packaged and frozen options.
- Buy and eat colorful vegetables as they provide tons of nutrients to your body and the zest of colors can make your dishes appealing.
- Always wash your vegetables thoroughly before incorporating them into your meals, as the outer covering may have dirt and germs.
With all such positive aspects of vegetables and their health benefits, try including them in your daily menu!