Acai berry is one of the nutritious fruit that grows abundantly in the Amazon valley situated in the rain forest of Northern Brazil. The berries are rich in fatty acids amino acid, vitamins, iron, fibers and antioxidants that maintain your health aspect profoundly. The berry resembles like a grape and tastes somewhat like chocolate candy. The popularity of the acai berries is growing day by day, due to its heap of health benefits including weight loss and colon cleansing ability.
The acai berries are available in different varieties, and each of the typical variety has its own set of benefits. For instance, the dark red or purple acai berries are best known for their powerful antioxidant property. The white acai berries have great flavors and mostly used in salads or juices. The berry has a large seed, and it makes up approximately 80% of the whole fruit. The remaining portion of the berry comprises of endocarp, pulp, and skin. Due to the high nutritional content of acai berries, it is popularly used in dietary pills, supplements, and salads.
Health Benefits of Acai Berries:
You can definitely include acai berries in your healthy diet regimen, as it can help in managing your body weight, overcome issues related to indigestion, constipation, allergies, skin and energy levels. Due to a high percentage of antioxidants, the Berry serves as excellent brain booster and minimizes the onset of premature aging, cancer, diabetes, and fatigue. All in all, the miraculous fruit can have an excellent impact on your overall health and happiness.
Here are some of the well-known health benefits of acai berries you need to be aware of:
- Regular intake of the nutritious berry gives your body the optimal energy boosts so that you do not feel lethargic and mental fatigue.
- Sportsperson and athletes often prefer to include acai berries in their diet regime, so that they can stay active and energized.
- Since the fruit acts as a natural energy booster and does not contain ant artificial preservatives or chemicals it imposes no side-effects on your health.
- Apart from boosting energy naturally, body builder intakes these berries to increase muscle gain, as the effective minerals aid in muscle growth.
- Researchers conclude the fact that the pulp of the fruit plays a pivotal role in weight loss.
- It not only helps in shedding unwanted calories but can also help people to maintain a healthy body weight.
- In recent days, the market is flooded with acai weight loss supplements and pills, and they are widely known for their effectiveness.
- Regular intake of acai berries results in lowering the level of glucose and bad cholesterol.
- Due to the high fiber content of the berries, it helps in reducing the appetite and help people avoid hunger pangs and unwanted overeating.
- Acai berries possess strong detoxifying effects on the human body. It thereby helps in cleansing the digestive system and removal of the harmful toxins from the body.
- Like all other berries, even acai berries have a high percentage of dietary fibers which aid in digestion.
- The fiber aids to bulks up the bowel movements, which makes the excretion process trouble-free and more regular. It also eliminates the risk of constipation and digestive problems.
- People suffering from loose stools or diarrhea are often advised to intake acai berries, as the fiber-rich fruit gives more bulk to the stool.
Good for heart:
- Similar to red wine, even acai berries are a rich source of anthocyanin, a typical antioxidant that balances the cholesterol level.
- The plan sterols provide optimal cardio-protective benefits, improves blood circulation in the body and relaxes the blood vessels.
Promotes skin health:
- The oil extracted from acai berries are a great alternative to chemical-based skin care products.
- Many cosmetic companies have started using the acai oil due to its potent antioxidant benefits.
- Regular consumption of acai berries or using acai-based skin care products can help you attain a healthy skin glow.
- Due to the high proportion of phytochemicals, acai berries slows down the aging process.
- The fruit can shield the body from free radical damage, that can usually hamper skin health.
- Prolonged exposure to polluted air or harmful pesticides can trigger your skin’s aging process, and you may encounter wrinkles, sagging and other negative impacts. Acai berry has 33 times more antioxidant power as compared to red wine and grapes. The antioxidants aid in detoxifying the body from all negative elements and thereby helps you attain radiant and youthful skin.
Regulates blood cholesterol level:
- The crucial fatty acids present in acai berries are Omega-6 (linoleic acid) and Omega-9 (Oleic acid). Both these elements play a crucial role in lowering LDL and regulating a healthy blood cholesterol level.
- The anthocyanins found in acai berries can block the carcinogenesis at the molecular level, that leads to the death of the cancerous cells and tumors.
- By restricting the cancer cell growth, it helps your body fight against cancer.
Good for diabetic patients:
- The acai juice is extremely low on the glycemic index and lipid levels, and thus it can be safely consumed by diabetic patients.
Improves sexual well-being:
- Acai berry juice used along with Ginseng, aids in boosting the libido.
- The acai juice is best known to provide relief from visual fatigue and eye problems.
- Regular consumption of Acai and Goji berry juice can safeguard your eyes from different chronic conditions and discomforts.
Improves mental clarity:
- The omega-3 fatty acids present in acai berry promotes good memory. Hence, aged people with the problem of memory loss prefer to consume it.
- The nutrients found in the pureed form of acai berries can help a person stay more alert and attentive.
How to eat acai berry?
As the fresh acai berries have shorter shelf life, they are mostly exported in the form of powders, juices, and purees.
- Juice- The acai juice is full of antioxidants, but they contain less amount of fibers.
- Powder- The powdered form of acai berry has concentrated form of nutrients including fibers, fats, and healthy plant compounds.
- Puree- The puree form of acai berry is probably the best way to enjoy the delicious flavor of the fruit.
So, now that you are well-aware of the exceptional health benefits of acai berries include them in your menu to stay fit and energetic!