Every woman desire to have a flawless and vibrant skin. And the appearance of the unwanted pimples hampers her mood, especially if she has some plans for that special day. Acne is a common skin disorder that mostly occurs in teenage girls with the onset of puberty. However, it can affect people of different age and sex. Women are more prone to experience acne problems as they face hormonal imbalance at variant stages of their life.
Due to the unwanted clogging of the sebaceous oil glands, you can notice the appearance of pimples, blisters, and whiteheads on your face. Though acne is not a serious disorder, an excessive outbreak of the pimples can spoil the beauty and leave permanent lesions and scars on the skin. There are numerous home remedies for acne that can protect your skin from such disastrous impacts.
20 Home Remedies For Acne:
Baking soda aids in exfoliating your dead skin cells and opening up the clogged pores. Additionally, the antiseptic property of the baking soda protects your skin from harmful infections.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with clean water, and apply the thick paste evenly onto your face. Rinse it off with water after 3-4 minutes.
- You can also try making a face pack by mixing one teaspoon cinnamon powder, two tablespoons baking soda, half lemon juice, and five tablespoons of honey. Apply the face pack for 5-10 minutes and the rinse it off with plain water.
Tea Tree Oil:
One of the simplest home remedies for acne is the application of tea tree oil. It serves as a great antiseptic that disinfectants the pores and kills the harmful bacteria.
- You can take a drop of tea tree essential oil on your palm and massage the affected area of your face gently for two to three times a day.
- If the concentrated tea tree oil irritates your skin, you can try mixing it with aloe vera gel and then apply the mixture all over the face.
Honey is a soothing natural ingredient that is best known for its antibiotic properties.
- You can try applying honey directly to the affected areas of your face, as it acts as one of the best home remedies for acne.
- You can also make an organic face mask by mixing a cup of plain oatmeal with half a cup of organic honey. Apply the mixture evenly on your face and leave it for at least half an hour. Then rinse it off with plain water.
The acidic property of the citrus fruit works as one of the effective home remedies for acne. Application of lemon on the face easily wipes out the accumulated dirt from the pores.
- You can take a slice of lemon and try rubbing it on the affected skin region. After few hours, you can rinse off your face using plain water.
- Try to make a face solution by mixing equal amounts of both rose water and lemon juice. Dab a cotton ball into the solution and apply it onto the affected area gently. You can repeat the process for 2-3 times a day.
Toothpaste works excellently to remove the unwanted acne marks from your face.
- You can simply apply toothpaste to the affected skin region and leave it overnight.
- The next day washes off the toothpaste using plain water.
Mint helps in removing the oils that have clogged your skin pores and lead to acne.
- To clean the clogged skin pores, you can mix two tablespoons of finely chopped mint leaves with same amounts of oatmeal and plain yogurt. Apply the face pack on the face and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it off with plain water.
Steaming helps in opening up the clogged skin pores and flushing out all the impurities.
- Make use of an electric face steamer, or simply fill a huge pot with water and bring it to bowl.
- Position your face so that the steam comes in direct contact with your face.
- You can try steaming once or twice a week, to open your skin pores and overcome acne naturally.
Aspirin imposes calming effects and helps in diminishing acne and blemishes.
- The best way to use aspirin for the treatment of skin acne is to dilute 1 section of aspirin with three sections of water.
- Apply the glue-like mixture to the affected skin region using a Q-tip.
- The mixture will take 30-40 minutes to dry, and then wash off your face using water.
- You can apply this aspirin mixture once a day.
Chamomile aids in reducing the inflammation of the skin that occurs during acne. The soothing ingredient serves as a skin coolant and is often used as home remedies for acne.
- Take the contents of a chamomile tea bag and mix it with an adequate amount of water. Pour the mixture into a blender to obtain a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the affected skin region and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
- Alternately, you can also steep two chamomile bags into a cup of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. After the tea cools down, dab a cotton ball into the mixture and use it to cleanse your face. Avoid rubbing the pores harshly.
From ancient days, yogurt has been best known for its skin cleansing property. Regular application of fresh yogurt on your skin makes it vibrant, soft and youthful.
- Add few drops of lemon in your yogurt and apply the mixture to your face.
- Leave is for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off using plain water.
Aloe Vera Gel:
The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of Aloe Vera work as one of the best home remedies for acne. It also heals the unwanted scars that usually occur by the skin acne.
- You can either buy an aloe vera gel from the market or extract the pure gel by cutting the leaves from an aloe vera plant. Applying the aloe vera gel around the affected region for 2-3 times a day cures the problem of acne effectively.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
It contains natural lactic and malic acids that exfoliate your skin and treat acne effectively.
- A toner made using apple cider vinegar acts as one of the best home remedies for acne. You can dilute the apple cider vinegar with an equal quantity of water. Dab a cotton ball into the toner and apply it over the affected region.
Papaya is great for both your skin and hair. The compound Papain present in the veggie that helps in protein synthesis. The anti-inflammation property of papaya aids in treating acne problems and keeps your skin smooth and glowing.
- Apply papaya paste on your affected skin region and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make a face mask using papaya, mix the papaya paste with a tablespoon of organic honey and apply it over your face.
- Rinse off your face using plain water.
Garlic possesses antibacterial properties that can help you fight against acne problems.
- Mash the cloves of garlic and add a small amount of water to form a coarse paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the affected skin region, and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off your face using plain water.
Green tea is best known for its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, which can help you, get rid of acne.
- You can take a cup of cooled green tea to wash off your face or even lay the tea bag over the affected skin region.
Oatmeal is a beneficial ingredient that can be used as home remedies for acne. It can cleanse the skin pores effectively and absorbs all the excess oils from the skin surface. Additionally, oatmeal is also a great exfoliating agent.
- You can mix a cup of cooked oatmeal with half a cup of lemon juice and one teaspoon of organic honey. Apply the mixture over the face and rub it gently. Do not apply excess pressure while rubbing, as it can exaggerate the pimples. Leave the mixture on the face for about 30-35 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. You can apply the oatmeal scrub pack for once a twice a week.
To clear inflated pimple mark, you can make use of ice cubes to diminish the swelling.
- Wrap the ice cubes in a cotton cloth and hold it over your affected skin region for few seconds.
Egg whites contain effective enzymes that inhibit production of excess sebum and controls breakouts.
- Separate the egg yolk from the whites, and mix few drops of lemon into it.
- Apply the mixture of egg white and lemon on your affected skin region, and leave it for 15020 minutes. Rinse it off using plain water.
Olive oil soothes the skin inflammation and also moisturizes the skin by balancing the sebum production.
- Before bedtime, cleanse your face properly and then apply light-warm olive oil all over your face.
- Always make use of good-quality extra virgin olive oil for your face.
Honey and cinnamon mask:
Both honey and cinnamon are well-known for their antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. The honey and cinnamon face mask may effectively benefit the acne-prone skin.
- Mix I teaspoon of cinnamon powder with two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the paste evenly on your washed face and leave it for 15-20 minutes,
- Rinse off your face using plain water.
So, now that you know some of the best home remedies to treat acne try to implement these simple tips and bid adieu to your acne problems!